Wednesday, October 3, 2018 Kevin Thomas the Democratic Candidate for NY House District 6 will be joining Stand Up AND Speak Out Garden City at the Senior Center at 1pm. Please come and bring your friends.
Mission to flip Senate District 6 to BLUE
Learn how you can help Long Island’s mission to flip Senate District 6 to BLUE and how you can make a difference.
- Pass the Reproductive Health Act
- Pass the Comprehensive Contraception Coverage Act
- Pass the NY Health Act
He supports passage of the Red Flag law that according to Wikipedia is: A red flag law is a gun violence prevention law that permits police or family members to petition a state court to order the temporary removal of firearms from a person who may present a danger to others or themselves. This law is also supported by Governor Andrew Cuomo.
Kevin Thomas also supports strengthening the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act also known as the NY SAFE ACT .
“The SAFE Act stops criminals and the dangerously mentally ill from buying a gun by requiring universal background checks on gun purchases, increases penalties for people who use illegal guns, mandates life in prison without parole for anyone who murders a first responder, and imposes the toughest assault weapons ban in the country. For hunters, sportsmen, and law abiding gun owners, this new law preserves and protects your right to buy, sell, keep or use your guns.”
- Pass real property tax relief Including:
- Allow those who make less than $300,000 to take the full SALT exemption in excess of the federally mandated $10,000 cap
- Raise the Senior Citizen real property tax exemption and the Disabilities Real Property Tax exemption to $50,000
- Cap real property taxes for senior citizens.
Fully implement the NY Court of Appeals ruling in regard to the Campaign for Fiscal Equity and ensure that our public schools receiving all of the funding from the state that they are owed
- Pass the Public Works Definition Act
- Protecting the Prevailing Wage
Infrastructure and Environment
- Infrastructure investment in roads by fixing potholes, rebuilding bridges, updating the LIRR, and sewers on Long Island.
- Protect our Long Island aquifers by passing the ban on nitrogen pollutants.
- End Cash Bail in cases of minor offenses
- Legalize Cannabis
- Pass the NY Liberty Act
- Pass the NY Dream Act
Pass SB 8131 (An amendment to GBL 349 to bring New York’s consumer protection laws up to date and protect consumers in NY)
Pass the Climate and Communities Protection Act